Continued from page 1
5. Check out providerís web site: The provider should have detailed information concerning their calling plans, options and promotions on their web site. You might also be able to find support facilities, live help, FAQ's or more as well.
6. Strategic partner tie-ins and other promotions: Some providers make strategic alliances with other companies in order to cross promote their products and services. Some providers make frequent miles from airlines available when using their services. You may also be able to find promotional tie-ins between credit card companies, hotels and more.
7. Check and double-check: Get in habit of regularly reviewing your monthly telephone bill. Even best providers make mistakes and if you suspect that you have been charged in error then call your provider and ask for an explanation.
8. Commit your "10-10" codes to memory: If you use a 10-10 service, then you owe it to yourself to become familiar with specifics of their plan. They all have restrictions that define their service and abiding by these will save you money. I have a terrible memory so I make a little cheat sheet for each service I use that I carry with me. It's saved me on several occasions.
9. Time for wireless?: There are many wireless plans from many different wireless providers available in market today. This industry has matured vary rapidly and many of these plans may fit your calling needs quite nicely.
10. Limited or few long distance calls: If your long distance calling is vary limited then you may want to consider not enrolling with a long distance provider. In this case it may be better to simply select a 10-10 dialaround service or use a long distance calling card instead. Make sure you select a carrier or card with no monthly fee and low per-minute rates. If you select one of these options make sure to call your local service provider and tell them that you do not want to have a long distance carrier.
Following these simple rules will ensure that you get best value for your money.
About Global Value Connect: Global Value Connect ( http://www.globalvalueconnect.com ) has been providing the best value in telecommunication products and services for the home or office since 1995. If you want to cut your telephone bill in half register today for our free eBook entitled "Telephone Bill Saving Tips for Home and Office" and is available at: http://www.globalvalueconnect.com/Saving_Tips.htm