Continued from page 1
8. Ensure your site does not have obvious grammatical and spelling mistakes. It undermines credibility of your web site, and thus, chance of being accepted in Yahoo.
9. Your site must have sufficient original content. Your site at least consists of 5-6 pages.
10. The navigation system is easy to follow and clear.
1. You need to suggest 1-2 categories, title, and description to Yahoo.
2. You need to spend time in selecting most suitable category. If you cannot select correct category, I'm sure that you cannot get listed. A guideline I can give you is that you should find out your competitors and see which category(ies) they are being placed. Then, follow it. If your site is a business site, you must place it under one of sub-categories of ¡§Business and Economy ¡§.
3. Use your official business name as site title. Title should not compose of more than 5 words.
4. The description should be written within 25 keywords. It is much better to write it within 10-18 words, stuffed with relevant keywords. If it is written too long, Yahoo's editor may completely change your description. Even though you can get listed then, you cannot get any significant traffic because description has no relevant keywords. 5. Do not submit too frequently to Yahoo or else your site will be regarded as spamming. You may never get listed then. You can re-submit your site only if you get no response from Yahoo 6 weeks after your first submission. If you submit your site 2 times without response, send a follow-up email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may get some response, but there is no guarantee.
6. If you have paid US$199, and your site has been rejected. You have a chance to appeal within 30 days. Don't appeal too early. Check your site thoroughly before you make an appeal because you have only one chance.
7. If your site is accepted, you will receive a notification from Yahoo. Bingo!
To be honest, we don¡¦t want to pay US$199 submission fee. However, unique visitors number of Yahoo is No.1 in world, it is deserved to spend effort and money for getting listed. So, consider fee is an advertising expense.
King Lui Abc Internet Marketing TV Helps Internet business owners promote their web sites effectively! Visit the site at http://www.abc-internetmarketing.com/