Continued from page 1
4. You let them know their call is important to you.
5. And you asked for a detailed message.
Asking for a detailed message is very important. It allows you to be prepared when you return their call by knowing what they were calling about. It also prevents a lot of time lost playing telephone tag. If caller leaves you enough detail, you may be able to take care of their request, and when you return their call, should you get their recorder, simply be able to leave a message that you accomplished task.
Here are a few rules to go by when answering phone and recording an answering machine message.
1. Your answering machine message should be in an adult voice. Having your children on your answering machine may be cute, but it is unprofessional.
2. Make sure room is quiet when you record your answering machine message. Noises from children, window air conditioners, televisions, radios, refrigerators and like are distracting to caller.
3. Never let your younger children answer phone. Older teenagers should be trained to answer phone in manner described in this article.
4. Unless you have equipment to professionally dub music, do not play music on your answering machine message. It sounds terrible, is distracting, and is unprofessional.
5. When you are available, answer every call. People want immediate response.
6. Answer all calls in manner described herein. Even if it is your closest friend or a member of your organization you speak to several times daily. This does two things. First, it keeps you in habit. Secondly, it sets an example for members of your organization.
By following these few simple rules, you will make best first impression possible.
Chris Bradford and Brande McCree are the publishers of MLM Success Today, a weekly newsletter offering original articles written by its publishers for both the experienced and the beginner network marketer. http://www.mlmsuccesstoday.com/news/