Continued from page 1
4. Post frequently. Search engine spiders love sites that are constantly updated with fresh content. At very least, posting once every few days is a good idea.
5. Keep your posts short and clear. Don’t post long essays. Blog readers are known to like to zip in and out of online diaries. Keep your long essays to articles that you can publish on a separate webpage or in your newsletter.
6. Make your tittle keyword-rich. This helps in getting your posts better ranked by search engine spiders via keywords that you use.
7. Post interesting content. No one is going to be interested in what you ate for breakfast. Not unless you are maintaining a food blog and you want to post your breakfast recipe! Making your content interesting will ensure that your readers continue to read your blog loyally.
8. Have a unique perspective. Readers are interested to know what you think. If you are offering your opinion, be sure that you are able to qualify them.
9. Take note of your language and grammer. Even if you are posting an opinion. It is always safer to write in proper English if you are hoping to monetize from your blog.
10. Don’t forget to have a RSS feed. RSS means “Rich Site Syndication”. To increase readership and distribution, this is one thing that you must not omit in doing.
Evelyn Lim is an online publisher of a newsletter aimed at all aspiring e-busines owners. She hopes to equip her readers with skills to acquire multiple sources of online income. Her newsletter is at http://www.e-BizMap.com . Or read her blog at http://www.EvelynLim.com for access to tips and resources.