Intellectual Property Theft Has Never Been Easier - Is your enterprise protected? Written by CipherTrust
Continued from page 1
Viruses Viruses have proven to be another highly effective method of extracting information from corporations. Virus writers can write simple programs that, once executed on your network, mine for all sorts of data and send information back to virus writer, or to any other recipient.
Severance Package, Indeed While your employees are your greatest asset, they have potential to be your greatest liability as well. A disturbing, but not entirely surprising, fact is that most intellectual property (IP) theft is perpetrated by current and former employees. According to U.S. Department of Justice, enterprises suffered $250 Billion in IP Theft in 2004.
A 2004 survey questioned 400 business professionals about their attitudes to IP theft. The research, conducted by Ibas, a computer forensics specialist, revealed some trends that should sound some alarm bells within organizations unsure of their IP security:
Keep Your IP Where It Belongs – In Your Company Preserving your intellectual property may be most important reason to take steps toward a comprehensive email security approach. A solution that incorporates elements of attachment and content filtering, intrusion prevention, encryption, anti-spam and anti-virus is only way to ensure that digital lifeblood of your company doesn’t find its way into wrong hands.
- 69.6% of business professionals have stolen some form of corporate IP from their employer when leaving a job.
- 32.6% of employees leaving a job took sales proposals and/or presentations with them.
- 30.4% admitted to taking information such as customer databases and contact information.
- The most commonly used method for stealing IP is to send electronic copies of documents and files to a personal email account.
- 58.7% think that taking IP is as, if not more, acceptable as exaggerating an insurance claim to cover excess charge.
- Only 28.2% think that IP theft is completely unacceptable.
- The most common justification for IP theft was that person had created documents/files stolen and felt they partly belonged to them.
For more information about how CipherTrust’s IronMail can help your enterprise keep a lid on your intellectual property, download our FREE whitepaper, “Securing Email Boundary: An Overview of IronMail.”
CipherTrust is the leader in anti-spam and email security. Learn more by downloading our free whitepaper, “Securing the Email Boundary: An Overview of IronMail” or by visiting www.ciphertrust.com.
6 Strong Reasons Why RSS Beats Email MarketingWritten by Mustafa Khundmiri
Continued from page 1
4. Get Your Message Out In An Instant - Whenever you have something new to publish, all you have to do is update your already published feed and your message gets updated everywhere it’s subscribed. No more worrying if your subscribers got your message or not.
5. Never Get Accused of Spam - It’s very easy to get accused of sending unsolicited mail nowadays since people forget they even gave you their email address. RSS solves this problem completely, as messages which you send out, will appear directly in your subscribers RSS reader. So question of contacting them illegally does not even arise.
6. Build Long Lasting Relationships - Not only RSS builds a strong relationship with your existing subscribers but also helps in attracting new potent subscribers who are interested in what you offer. People who subscribe to your feed want to receive content from you and hence, can be regarded as subscribers you can count on.
RSS can work like a charm for your business and help you gain thousands of quality subscribers and leads within a few weeks…
You just have to become a part of orange revolution!
Mustafa Khundmiri is the co-founder of http://www.rapidfeeds.com - A Free online service, which helps anyone, create, edit, publish and track RSS feeds online. Sign Up for your FREE account on his site and start publishing your own RSS feeds!