Continued from page 1
* Use keywords in comment tags, alt tags, and in header tags. You can also use a clear 1x1 pixel image and load alt tag with keywords.
* The very first thing that appears on your page should be a statement of benefits rich in keywords, similar to your description meta tag. Some Search Engines ignore your meta tags and print first words on your page as description in their listing. If your navigational bar is at top of page, that is what will show up in their description. Not good.
* Header tags, (H1 for example) are very important. Search Engines read header tags. Use these for paragraph headings instead of font tags, and load up Keywords.
* Keep spiders happy. Feed them lots of relevant content. This bears repeating, but I won't. :)
* Get a Domain! A top 10 listing is virtually impossible to achieve without having your own registered domain name.
There is no secret magical formula for getting a top ranking in Search Engines. Currently there are over 5,000 places to register a web site with number increasing daily. In reality, about 10 of these search engines will produce 90% of your search engine traffic. The larger search engines like Excite, Lycos and Alta Vista are visited millions of time a week and offer most comprehensive types of searches for Internet surfers.
windsong is webmaster, editor and publisher at: http://marketing-resources.com/ Subscribe to windsong's free e-zine: All About Search Engines!(tm) Send a blank email to: mailto:email@example.com