How to Make Time for Your SoulWritten by Suzanne Falter-Barns
Continued from page 1
- Cut corners cooking. Take advantage of gourmet take-out and grocery-store fast foods, such as prewashed salad, precut vegetables, and premarinated chicken.
- Stop answering phone. Return calls during a pre-scheduled set time each day that works for you. Or better yet, email a reply, and post your email on your answering machine as a better way to get in touch.
- Divide up housework. Hand over laundry and vacuuming to your mate. Teach your children to do dishes, cook meals and mop floors. And be willing to give up control of end results. Read Patricia H. Sprinkle's book, Children Who Do Too Little ; Why Your Kids Need to Work Around House (and How to Get Them to Do It) for terrific pointers on how to make this happen.
- If you can't relax your standards, delegate. Hire local teenagers, professional housecleaners, or even a temp service to help you clear out your desk, answer correspondence, pay bills, organize closets, walk dog -- whatever you can give up that makes more time for you.
- Do something you truly love. Once you've created this time for yourself, use it wisely. Take on challenges and dreams that really will improve your life. Chances are that once you start, it will be very hard to stop.
Best of all, thank yourself for doing that work that you are truly meant to do ... and not so much of other stuff that slows us all down.
Suzanne Falter-Barns is an internationally known author and speaker whose work has been featured in Woman's Day, SELF, More, Fitness, and more than 100 radio and TV shows. Pick up her free article, '36 Guaranteed Time Savers' at www.howmuchjoy.com. To reprint this article, please use with this bio box intact. Thanks! ©2005 Suzanne Falter-Barns LLC.
reflections - sending out loving kindness to the worldWritten by Claire Chapman
Continued from page 1
·Let past go. So often we hold onto negative baggage from past, and this stops us having spare hands to grab opportunities that come up for us Tell people that you loveI'd love to share with you a meditation practice that I use (through buddhist centre) that really spoke to me this week. Using your own meditation practice, or whenever you have a quiet time... ...focus your thoughts on yourself and send out loving thoughts to yourself. Why do we keep all that negativity around ourselves? I love quote from Marianne Williamson that some of you may be familiar with, that speaks about us all being children of God. As children, we loved ourselves and those around us unconditionally. Remind yourself how great you are, how safe, how loved, well and healthy. ...choose to send out loving thoughts to someone who is important to you - you'll already know who this is. Maybe it's someone who has been having a tough time, maybe just someone you want to send some positive energy to. ...send out your loving kindness to someone you meet, but don't know that well. Maybe it's your milkman, or postman, or chap who drives bus who gets you to work. Just send out that positivity... ...use your loving kindness to heal conflict inside of you that you may have with someone else. I've been learning this week that perception is projection - that we see in others something of ourselves. Isn't it nicer to think that we see just great people, as that tells a lovely story about ourselves? Choose to change your perception this week, and maybe those negative projections will change too.... Finally, send out loving kindness into universe. Expand your thoughts from you and yours, to room, your house, family, village, town, England, Europe.....as far out as you can, all way through galaxy. Think if there was all that positive emotion going around, if everyone was doing this. Would that have an effect on world?
Claire Chapman is the director of The Fabulous Coaching Company, and through the power of coaching helps professional women live lives that are meaningful and congruent with their values. To find out more or to book an initial no obligation consultation email email@example.com, or call 01949 837247. For more information on The Fabulous Coaching Company you can also view www.fabulous-coaching-company.com.