Continued from page 1
Molds produce chemical groups like Ochratoxins, Aflatoxins and Trichothecenes. In high concentrations these chemicals cause cancer for people and dogs. Doctors and vets have known this for almost 30 years.
But these toxins are slow onset problem makers. This means that it may take a few years for cancers to develop. So your dog may feel great up till moment that it is too late.
Where else do we find mold in high concentrations? In basement, of course. People quite often have a beautiful sleeping area for their dogs in basements.
"Okay, I believe you. What can I do?"
1. Keep cleaning products sealed in plastic containers.
2. Buy cleaning products WITHOUT bleach.
3. Clean up all spills immediately.
4. Keep washer and dryer open when not in use. (To stop mold)
5. Keep laundry room door open to air out.
6. Periodically spray rooms with a solution of grape fruit seed extract or Tea Tree Oil to prevent mold growth.
If you plan to keep your dog healthy, you have to start thinking about it today.
For 30 years, Dr Graham has been helping people treat and prevent disease by showing them how to live in a clean environment. http://tennesseemold.com/ebooks.shtml DrGraham@themoldlab.com