Continued from page 1
Possible action plans are as follows:
1. EXERCISE regularly. A healthy, flexible body makes for a healthy, alert mind. Being physically active stimulates energy levels in brain (through chemical serotonin, or something like that) and allows an outlet for your frustrations.
2. Keep BUSY; this takes your mind off problem. It is best antidote to deal with problem, instead of worrying about it.
3. Take time for yourself to RELAX, MEDITATE and VISUALISE. Don't let trivial problems build up and get better of you. A quiet body is more prone to recovery and health than an angry one.
4. Keep a positive mental attitude (P.M.A), that you will overcome your stress. Your attitude will determine your thoughts and how well you cope with life: "As I think I am." Your attitude beats facts every time. Haven't I said that phrase before?
5. Watch your DIET carefully. Eat plenty of healthy foods: fruit, fresh 'veggies' and vitamins (especially B and C). Cut down on stimulants, like caffeine and nicotine; both these are drugs that build up your resistance. Also cut down on sugar, fats and your salt intake.
6. COMMUNICATE with a person close to you. Open your heart to those nearest and dearest to you. Don't suffer in silence. John Donne said "No man is an island unto himself." (And a few women too!). Set aside specific times to communicate and talk honestly. Share your thoughts, worries, feelings, dreams, disappointments and problems... and doesn't life have enough of them!
7. Let go of your EMOTIONS. Cry if you want to. It's natural and wil lhelp healing process. This applies to "macho" men also, who are socialised to keep their emotions inside.
8. Pray to God for answers to your stress problem, if you are religious, or "a spiritual" person . You WILL get answers via your subconscious mind, your intuition - our connecting link with our Creator, a Supreme Being, Spirit, Higher Self (or whatever you understand God to be).
Finally, 9. Keep your sense of HUMOUR and be HAPPY.
Craig Lock "Information and Inspiration distributor" http://www.craiglock.com http://www.craiglockbooks.com