How to Get PromotedWritten by Leonard Konis
Continued from page 1
besides having a current resume. Dress formal and without excessive make-up, cologne, perfume or jewelry worn. Practice at home, in front of a mirror or people, how you will present yourself, during interview. Keep your answers short and to point, except if further inquiry is requested. Avoid, saying any negative comments about any coworkers or any other candidates seeking same position. Show your enthusiasm for position you desire, but not a ridiculous manner. Tell how well you get along with your coworkers. And, how you have helped your coworkers, perform better in their jobs, based upon your suggestions, and created a more happier, working environment. Provide suggestions, what you would accomplish, if promoted to new position, and a willingness to travel, for business trips, if necessary. Let your interviewer(s), know of your educational degrees. Finally, don't make it seem, like a “life or death situation”, being considered for new promotion, but always try to have other options available, if you are not considered for promotion. Including continuing your current position or being hired by another company. During interview, never threaten to leave your job, if your not promoted, since that shows your arrogance. You certainly have that option, if you decide to pursue that later. As cliché often offers to “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know” that gets you promoted, which is final thought. After interview, always acknowledge how you appreciated time, taken for your consideration. And, shake hands of each interviewer, before you leave. Walk away, feeling optimistic or enthusiastic, if you receive notification, of your promotion, before you leave.
B.B.A. Management Information Systems
15 years analzying and investig in the financial markets. Marketing for a Dental Practice. Freelance work in Wall Street Firms both in Equity and Fixed Income Depts. Writer of various articles, including business, finance, and investing.
Benefits of Leadership Skill TrainingWritten by CMOE Development Team
Continued from page 1
EXPECTED OUTCOMES - PARTICIPANTS INVOLVED IN LEADERSHIP SKILL TRAINING WILL:
EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP SKILL TRAINING SHOULD INCLUDE HANDOUTS & MATERIALS:
- Understand role of effective leader in your organization
- Assess their own natural leadership style, and identify areas for development and improvement.
- Learn how to make decisions to involve team members to a lesser or greater degree, depending on circumstances of each situation.
- Learn to communicate, delegate, and follow through effectively, to help team deliver business results and develop group capacities and strengths.
- Comprehensive Participant Manual
- Full-color, easy-to-use models and tools for application
- Exercises, sustainability ideas, and practices, to ensure deep penetration of concepts, and implementation of new skills over time.
To learn more about CMOE’s Leadership Skill Training and the success it is having around the world, visit their website. You can also speak with their Regional Managers at (801) 569-3444.