Continued from page 1
2) Add an original incentive to your opt-in form.
The opt-in form is most direct approach. You put an opt-in form on your website, and people can sign-up. For this to work well though, there will have to be 'something in it' for your visitors. They aren't likely to sign-up for anything just to do you a favor...
You'll want to give them something of value, for free. A powerful encouragement. Ideally, it's something that other affiliates can't offer. For example:
* Write a special report on how to be successful with program in question, and offer it as a PDF file.
* Write a "How to Get Started with ..." eCourse.
* Offer a report, eBook or software program that is relevant for, and complimentary to, affiliate program you're promoting. This should not be a product that can easily be found elsewhere. Or at least not for free.
* Offer one-on-one coaching, either by email or by phone.
* Offer a combination of above.
* Maybe you have another idea? Then go ahead and try it!
A more indirect approach is the...
3) Warm-up page, with a personal touch.
This can be a single page, where you tell visitor about your own experience with program. You'll want to focus on a few of biggest benefits of program - and/or program's retail product(s), and elaborate on those. What did it do for you?
Don't bother listing a ton of technical details or fancy features, but stick to benefits. Those are your most powerful selling points.
Here's an example. I have this page on my own website, and it's promoting program that I personally started my online venture with:
You can see how I've made it personal by explaining how program helped ME. And how that adds credibility to my 'story'.
I hope I've given you some new ideas that you can use to improve your results with affiliate programs. Look out for future articles in this series. Or, if you want to receive them automatically, add yourself to my mailing list. Simply send a blank email to this address and I'll keep you updated:
(It's double opt-in, you will be asked to confirm.)
Jim Boere is a published author and fulltime online marketer. Visit http://www.onlinebizpromotion.com/SFI.htm and join the affiliate program he recommends for building a residual income. You will be (automatically) contacted and offered his personal assistance within 48 hrs after joining. Free of charge.