Continued from page 1
5. Put up a sign in front of your house. As many as 50% of all houses are sold because either buyer or someone who knows buyer saw a for sale sign in front of house. Make sure sign can be read quickly as people are driving by.
6. Have a sript ready when people phone about house. Keep your benefit-feature sheet handy and use appropriate points as people ask questions. Be sure to ask a "closing question" to bring people in to see your house.
7. Hold open houses. This is where you will get to speak to people in person so you can drive home benefits. Be professional as you walk around house, highlighting features with benefits from worksheet you created earlier.
8. Get feedback from people when they finish walk- through. If they seem interested, follow up with a phone call within 48 hours.
9. Be prepared for negotiations. Don't take negative comments about house personally. They are talking about house, not you. By maintaining a professional attitude, you will be able to get a better price. This can be most costly part of home selling experience, so be careful of what you say. For a detailed description on how to handle negotiations when selling your house without a realtor, go to: http://www.netman-ecommerce-guru.com/home-selling- secrets
10. Have an purchase order form ready. Ask for sale. Always use a lawyer to make sure you are not making an expensive mistake. After purchase agreement is signed, beware of "buyer's remorse". People often get scared and want to change their mind soon after they put in an offer. To avoid losing a sale, be sure to respond with a counter-offer quickly.
Warm regards, Neeraj Varma, email: email@example.com For FREE info on selling your house for a higher price, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to: http://www.mortgage-rate-canada.com