Continued from page 1
So how do you decide who to market to?
Following are 5 tips:
1) Think about type of people who can MOST benefit from what you have to offer.
2) Think about who you would most enjoy helping, or working with.
3. Think about type of people who will be easiest to reach, AND who will be most receptive to what you are selling. These will be people who KNOW they have THE problem you can solve and are LOOKING for a solution.
4) Know that just because you select a particular group of people to focus your marketing on, does NOT mean you can't help others who may come to you. It only means you're going to focus your proactive marketing efforts on target group you select.
5) Lastly, don't over-think it. Listen to your gut, pick a group you feel you can really help and proceed with development of your marketing plan. Marketing is a fluid process. The important thing is to start. You can always refine your audience and your plan later as you learn more.
(C) 2005 Debbie LaChusa
20-year marketing veteran Debbie LaChusa created The 10stepmarketing System to help small business owners and solo-preneurs successfully market their business, themselves without spending a fortune on marketing. To learn more about this simple, step-by-step program and to sign up for her FREE audio class and FREE weekly ezine featuring how-to articles, tips and advice, visit http://www.10stepmarketing.com