Continued from page 1
Now compare prices of all your short-listed categories. Naturally one with a higher price is most trafficked one!
3) Yahoo! considers keywords in directory structure while ranking.
For example, if someone is searching for "Business Opportunities Directories", a web site listed in category - B2B/Business_Opportunities/Directories will be given more relevance than a web site listed in category - B2B/Business_Opportunities
4) Yahoo! DOES NOT spider websites to determine ranking. It ranks web sites based on keywords in domain name, title and description. So having META tags does not make any difference to your listing.
5) DO NOT try to stuff as much keywords as possible in to description. Yahoo! editors are notorious for cutting down description if they sense even slightest hype. Try to avoid words such as - no.1, proven, turnkey, exciting etc.
Also, make sure that heading of your home page is same as description you provided for your site. There should be no confusion in mind of editor reviewing your site.
6) Make sure your domain name and business name is same since Yahoo! is known to use business name as title for your listing.
7) Make sure your website is "Content Rich". This is very critical for two reasons. One - to get your site accepted by Yahoo! and Second - to maintain and get a higher listing.
Yahoo! determines popularity of a website by amount of time a visitor spends on your website. If a large no. of them hit "back button" of their browser as soon as they hit your web site, you can kiss goodbye to your dreams of a possible higher listing.
Once you get a lower listing, it can get very difficult to make up as visitors will not be able to find your site easily.
-----SIDEBAR----- Once a site gets accepted into directory, Yahoo! ranks it based on keyword popularity in domain name, title and description. But as time progresses, it determines ranking based on popularity of website itself.
We ignored this and our listing came down drastically within few days of getting accepted! -----SIDEBAR-----
8) Before submitting your website, thoroughly research websites that rank higher for keywords you are targeting (Especially "Most Popular" sites in directory section). This will give you a rough idea of what to and what not to include in your website.
Vishal Rao publishes an informative e-zine: iNet Profits. Subscribe to his e-zine and get his free e-mail course: "11 Killer Strategies To Explode Your Online Profits", by sending a blank e-mail to => email@example.com
For a complete, STEP-BY-STEP, road-map for Internet success, rush to => http://www.inetprofits.biz/