Continued from page 1
* Placement of subscription box should be preferably above fold or in a pop-up. However, do note that more recently, latter (pop-up) option has proven to be less effective in getting opt-ins due to over-usage by website owners.
* Offer a freebie to get your opt-in and spell out this freebie clearly near subscription box. This makes it easier for visitor to mentally connect freebie to opting in.
3. Have a killer headline. The headline must promise single most important benefit to your visitor. Use killer words for instance like amazing, breakthrough, instantly and finally, and make your headline stand out with a bigger font or bolding it.
4. Also, pay special attention to top few lines following headline and those that appear above fold. I suggest that you try having 2 or 3 sub-benefits as your top few sentences, after your killer headline.
5. Use images that help. One example is to include your own photo if you are branding yourself as an expert in a particular niche. 6. Avoid using excessively large image files. I have seen a couple of websites that put in too many images on their landing page and as it took forever to load, I left without waiting.
After creating your landing page, you must continue to keep testing and improving it. It can be changing your killer headlines, background colour of your opt-in box or even banner image that you put right at top. I change my landing page every once in a while, to track responses. I hope you do too!
Evelyn Lim is the publisher of weekly newsletter "Mapping You to Success". She aims to equip her readers with skills to acquire multiple sources of online income. To subscribe to her newsletter, please visit http://www.e-BizMap.com . Or, read her blog "Online home business journals from Singapore" at http://www.EvelynLim.com for more information