Continued from page 1
(2) Universal Energy, Universal Matter, Universal Life, Universal Soul As God
(3) An Eternal Universe - Uniform in Space and Unending in Time
(4) Divine practices ( Astrology Yoga & other esoteric arts)
(5) Syncretism ( Unity of all Religions ).
(6) The need for Meditation ( for generating altered states of Consciousness );
(7) Life is Cyclical- Everything is cyclical, subject to cyclical upheavals of Time.
(8) Holistic Medicine & Vegetarianism (The patient is more important than Doctor & Alkaline diet)
(9) Pacifism ( Anti-war activities);
(10) Reincarnation; ( The Law of Conservation of Soul )
(11) The Evolution of Man into Divinity; ( The latent Life Force evolving naturally to Divine )
(12) The Union of Man with Divine; ( Merger of man into Infinite )
(13) Matter's Illusoriness; - Esse est percipii - Perception is Essence; Mind is Substance.
2. The Lord. - Since Matter and Energy can neither be created or destroyed and sum total energy in Universe is an absolute constant ( Universal Being ), Lord did not create world, He became world. Monism --( "All is Unity" ) averrs that there is only One Essence in universe, everyone and everything being a part of that essence. The Self is an utter Being and all these are its Becomings. New Agers view God as an Impersonal Life force, Consciousness, or Energy (e.g., "Star Wars Force") mainly but they also believe in His personal aspect, as Ocean ( which is Formless ) can take form of an iceberg! They averr that every human has a divine spark within him because all created beings are reflections of Divine Idea. The eternal state is called by various terms among different New Age groups, i.e., God-consciousness, Universal Love, Self-Realization, I AM, Higher Self, Brahman, Nirvana, etc.
2. The Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Christ Consciousness or Divine Consciousness is what New Age advocates mean by Christ. . In other words, Christ is a Divine Principle rather than an individual, such as Jesus. This idea of Christ Consciousness asserts that Jesus was only one of Christs, but that He equipped Himself to receive Christ Consciousness (i.e., He was a great Master who attained Christ Consciousness), as did other prophets like Buddha, Krishna, and Mohammed. New Agers believe Dr Paul Brunton who stated Jesus spent 18 years in India absorbing Indian Mysticism and that he was initiated into highest esoteric doctrine. 3. Human Destiny. Man is measure of all things and is more divine than animals & hence salvation of world depends upon Man. Cleansing negative elements from collective subconscient should be aim of humanity. Once Negativity is cleaned from collective subconscient, human positive energy will shine forth and noble ideals of New Age will be actualised in an era of Enlightenment. Since man is intrinsically divine and perfect, his only real problem is ignorance of that fact. Gnosis means experiential knowledge and Salvation in New Age is for man to become enlightened through this Divine Gnosis. New Age groups offer various spiritual techniques to enable individuals, and ultimately world, to evolve into this Unitive Consciousness . These techniques may include psychotechnologies for attaining altered states of consciousness - Transcendental Meditation, Yoga, Zen, Attunement , Channeling (Spirit guides), Psychics, Acupuncture, etc.
4. The Ethical Opposites, Good & Evil - Believing in Oriental philosophies, New Agers make distinction between good and evil. All wickedness is weakness and Evil is imperfection. By method of Trial and Error, we come to know what is good and what is bad for world and we have to transcend dualities. 5. Reincarnation. New Agers believe in ancient Vedic philosophic concept of Reincarnation -- that through a long process of rebirths, man can eventually attain Divine perfection. They also teach Universal Law of Karma --(( The Law of Cause and Effect ( Every effect has a cause ), Law of Action and Reaction, Law of Retribution ))- that what a person sows , he shall reap. This is also doctrine of God's non-responsibility, that Self is not responsible and it is Ego which experiences bitter & sweet mental experiences due to its own Karma. 6.Salvation is Self-Actualisation and Sin is Ignorance - SSome theoreticians taught concept of Man's Original Sin. New Age exponents teach concept of man's essential goodness. Instead of systems which emphasised human negative aspect and sin, New Age highlights that every man is essentially divine and it is a sin to call man a sinner ! However, New Agers speak of troublesome desires which are natural impulses which retard human evolution and make Ego move away from Self. Sin is merely ignorance of man's essential divinity. The atrophied spiritual consciousness of normal man who lives in ignorance of his Divine Self is Sin. Like Law of Conservation of Energy which states that Energy cannot be created or destroyed, Law of Conservation of Soul states that Soul can neither be created nor destroyed. Matter exists in 3 states, liquid, gaseous and solid and matter cannot be created or destroyed. Nothing ever begins to be. Similarly Life does not at physical birth begin to be. It merely enters physical conditions and assumes physical guise. It merely undergoes a parallel transformation into conditions which preexisted in other conditions. The Soul is reincarnated in different bodies in a continous succession of lives. The good or bad Karma earned in present lifetime determines one's subsequent incarnation. Attaining higher states of Consciousness should be our aim.There are many different paths to goal of Divine perfection and we should be tolerant of other paths.
The divine Aurobindo predicted that spiritual influences from India will trigger off a global spiritual movement.There will be Mass Incarnations ( many people divinely inspired ) who will work for World Peace and Universal Love !
I saw them cross twilight of Age
The massive barrier breakers of this world
The sun-eyed children of a marvellous dawn
The architects of immortality
Carrying magic Word, mystic Fire
Carrying Dionysian Cup of Joy !
The four systems of Philosophy which triggered N A M are Hinduism, a product of 5,000 years of development, Buddhism, circa 560 B.C., Taoism, circa 500 B.C & Druidism, circa 300 B.C, religion of Celts, which extended upto Middle Ages.
Article by G Kumar, Astrologer & Epistemologist of www.astrologiavedica.com, www.eastrovedica.com & www.astrognosis.com Recently he was awarded a Certificate by the Planetary Gemologists Association ( www.p-g-a.org ) as a Planetary Gem Advisor. He has 25 years psychic research experience in the esoteric arts. To subscribe to his Free ezine, the Z Files, click here. mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe. He is contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org.