Continued from page 1
- When your "to do" list keeps growing, and everything on it is top priority.
- When you're awake and worrying at 3:00 AM. And 3:30 AM. And 4:00 AM. - When you're nagging yourself to death.
- When you're worrying about a million things at once, and not taking action on any of them. - When you feel as if you are under incredible time pressure and will never get anything done on time. When every decision or option is stupid. - When you can't focus.
- When you can see only one choice.
- When you know that everyone else is doing everything else better than you ever will. - When you're afraid to try something new.
- When you only hear criticism and not praise. Or when you discount praise. (My personal Gremlin was really acting up when I wrote this, so I'm pretty sure it's accurate!)
When does your Gremlin show up? See if you can notice him (or her, or it, or them) at least fifteen times this week, and e-mail me with your discoveries.
For a much more detailed explanation of Gremlins, and how to tame them, read Richard Carson's book, Taming Your Gremlin. It is available from MYM at http://www.manageyourmuse.com/reading/index.html.
Chocolate-loving Life Coach Lynn Cutts’ mission is to change the world for the better, one person at a time. At www.ManageYourMuse.com, she shares free tips, articles, games and newsletters to help you realize your dreams. Lynn offers one-on-one coaching, group coaching and self-guided programs to help you create your own boundless life. Lynn is certified by the Coaches Training Institute, and is a member of the International Coaches Federation.