Continued from page 1
- Flyers are cheap and easy to hand out.
- Direct mail tends to be expensive, but if you have right mailing lists payoff can be very high.
- Go to conventions and other special events and pass out your business card and flyers.
- Make up refrigerator magnets, pencils or other small items with your credentials and pass them out.
- Get another business to include your flyer or promotional material in their packages.
- Teach a class and pass out your materials.
- Get mouse pads made up and give them away.
Be creative. There are hundreds and hundreds of other ways to advertise your business off internet. And these can be extremely effective at building traffic and generating sales.
Conventions which pertain to your industry or group can be an exceptionally rich source of leads and new advertising. If you go to those events, remember your goal is to make contacts and spread word about your site, products or services. Mill around, talk to people, and make sure they leave with your printed materials. In other words, network, network, network.
Small classified advertisements in magazines and newspapers can also be great sources of traffic to your site. Remember, however, to be very cautious and not spend much money on this form of promotion until you find a formula that works. In other words, place small, experimental ads here and there until you find ones that produce desired results.
Nothing beats getting a mention on a newspaper or magazine. In fact, traffic created by a brief mention in a good-sized newspaper can be huge enough (although of very short duration) to overwhelm a site for a time.
In summary, remember there is more to life than internet. Believe it or note, most people actually don't spend every waking moment in front of a computer screen. By cautiously taking advantage of this, you can get more people to your site than you might think.
Richard Lowe Jr. is the webmaster of Internet Tips And Secrets. This website includes over 1,000 free articles to improve your internet profits, enjoyment and knowledge. Web Site Address: http://www.internet-tips.net Weekly newsletter: http://www.internet-tips.net/joinlist.htm Daily Tips: mailto:internet-tips@GetResponse.com