Continued from page 1
6. Caulk around tubs and sinks. New caulk invariably looks better than old caulk, and you'll also prevent leaks.
7. Replace bulbs that don't work and use as much wattage as is appropriate for each fixture, usually I use 100watt bulbs everywhere. Bright lights make homes seem, well…….Brighter! 8. If there are outdated tiles in kitchen and bath areas make sure and paint them with an appropriate color…here are some of colors I would recommend….high gloss white. It will amaze you change this simple fix can have on a sixties type of bathroom.
9. Replace some old bathroom fixtures with a bar light above mirror or medicine cabinet.
10. People have allergies and if there are sign of a pet make sure to get rid of them before showing home, eg: pet doors.
11. Homes in a given location and price range battle for a common pool of buyers. Make sure that you do things that will set your house apart from rest. A key factor in this is offering some assistance with financing whether in a second mortgage or offering your mortgage to be assumed.
Good luck and Happy Investing
Motiva Group teaches people how to invest in real estate successfully and are the developers of the "Zero Down in Canada Real Estate Investment Home Study Course." See our web site for more information about real estate investing. http://www.motivagroup.com
Permission to use these articles is granted as long as you keep the bio text and link to our web site intact.