Continued from page 1
You can submit to Yahoo here: http://submit.search.yahoo.com/free/request
There are also several other search engines I recommend that you submit to that will bring you some excellent results.
DMOZ - http://www.dmoz.org - DMOZ is actually a directory, not a search engine, but it provides backend results for Google.
Exactseek - http://www.exactseek.com - This site is part of Jayde Online Network and includes GoArticles, Site Pro News, and FreeWareFind.
Alexa - http://www.alexa.com - If you're looking for sites that are comparable to yours, or you would like to see how you rank, submit here. You can also gather some excellent statistical information about your site, including who is linking to you.
Spider Hub - http://www.spiderhub.com - Although this is a fairly new search engine, it boasts that you can get spidered by Google in three to five days by being included in this directory. It also only takes about two days to get added provided you have placed small spider on your site.
1. You are more likely to be included in Google and rank higher if you are linked to other sites and "enter back door" of Google. Link to sites that are already included.
2. You can also get included in MSN by being linked to other sites included in MSN.
3. Submit only top level page, i.e. domain, for your site. The spider will take care of rest and grab other pages. For example: http://www.yourdomainname.com
4. Turn your sites into a network of sites. I currently own four domains, and I have noticed that since I linked all of my sites together, I am getting more traffic.
5. Link to other sites. You want to choose sites that complement, and not compete, with yours. Search using key words similar to yours to help you find other sites to link to.
6. Don't submit affiliate pages. Search engines usually only accept top level domains now and will not accept mirror pages.
7. Optimize your key words, description, and title. This is often most overlooked step, especially by newbies. Key words are less relevant than description and title as Inktomi is only one that usually uses key words for indexing sites.
A well designed site with relevant key words and rich content will go a long way to helping you get successfully submitted to search engines. A good linking strategy, as well as submitting to search engines regularly, and you have a much better chance of being found by potential customers looking for you.
Jinger Jarrett is a former military journalist and newpaper reporter who writes and consults on internet marketing. She now owns Killer Marketing Arsenal, where you will find over 200+ high traffic sites to promote your business. You can get a copy of her free report, "7 Free Traffic Generators for Maximum Traffic and Sales." http://www.killermarketingarsenal.com