Continued from page 1
3. The above undertaking shall not appy to:
a)Information which at time of disclosure is published or otherwise generally available to public. b)Information which after disclosure by disclosing party is published or becomes generally available to public, otherwise than through any act or omission on part of receiving party. c)Information which receiving party can show was in its possession at time of disclosure and which was not acquired directly from disclosing party. d)Information rightfully acquired from others who did not obtain it under pledge of secrecy to disclosing party.
4. The parties agree that after three years from date hereof they shall each be relieved from all obligations under Agreement and that after such period has expired they will rely on such patents as they may then own for protection of any information disclosed to each other pursuant to this Agreement.
5. The terms of this Agreement shall be deemed to apply also to servants or agents or legally associated entities of receiving party who shall require their said servants or agents or legally associated entities to observe foregoing obligations.
6.Neither execution of this Agreement, nor disclosure of any Proprietary Information hereunder, shall be construed as granting either expressly or by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license under any invention or patent now or hereafter owned by or controlled by parties.
7. This agreement shall not be construed in any manner to be an obligation to enter into further contract or to reimburse cost of any effort expended by either party.
8. This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with laws of INSERT COUNTRY / STATE HERE.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, parties have caused this Agreement to be executed by their duly authorized representatives, effective as of date hereof.
Jeff writes short article about the law for www.lawyersbench.com a free site full of top legal advice and tips.