Continued from page 1
1) I removed all links to irrelevant articles and focused entire site around web design for beginners. 2) Those old articles are still there (hey, they generated a lot of general traffic from Search Engines!), but are not linked to from homepage.
3) I created a small pop-up window that asks for my visitors e-mails
4) Placed a sign-up form right on my home page, and linked to another page called "free newsletter" in case my visitors come from a page other than my home page.
5) I have also created an attractive cartoonish logo for my newsletter.
6) Every past issue of my newsletter includes a sign up form at bottom so people can subscribe right after reading it.
Can you guess what happened?
The number of people signing up for my newsletter tripled! I went from 20 subscriptions a week to 60 - in just a few days. This means that every month my list will grow by approximately 240 people! And every self-respecting successful marketer has a growing list to announce new products and offers, test marketing strategies, and develop a close relationship with their subscribers.
Now, if I wanted to make my web design forum as main focus of HelpingFoot.com, for example, I would emphasize it right on home page: with graphics, links and incentives.
So, ask yourself now: what is my "Most Wanted Response"? Then make sure your entire web site is centered around this goal. With right amount of quality traffic, I guarantee you will accomplish that goal.
Milana Nastetskaya is a full time web and the author of two books: "Create Your First Busines Web Site in 10 days" and "65 Instant Web Design Answers". http://www.firstbusinesswebsite.com http://www.instantwebanswers.com