Continued from page 1
• House critical project information in a safe place for duration of its development.
• Efficiently sharing and managing project information from one site to another and from site to corporate office.
• Managing government work data to ensure contractual regulations are met.
Construction Industry Trends By monitoring industry trends, OSP can anticipate future data storage needs of construction industry. Currently, OSP team is reviewing impact of these trends on data storage:
• Decreasing dependence on outside providers to complete projects.
• Anticipating and controlling change to build a competitive advantage.
• Increasing pressure from US government to construct “green” buildings.
• Meeting demands of a dynamic regulatory environment.
• Increased concerns about structural vulnerability and security; liability a firm must consider.
• Anticipation of a $250 to $350 billion highway-spending bill in 2006, which will serve as a large influence in 2006 machine purchases.
• The biggest trend to expect in first quarter is for machine deliveries to be down from first quarter of 2004.
• Rental companies have continued to add machines to fleets – driving rental rates down in some areas.
• The growth generated by residential housing development, in excess of 2 million permits, is beginning to translate into growth in non-residential construction market.
• The price of steel has increased from $350 per ton in January 2004 to about $1200 per ton in first quarter of 2005.
• Tightening insurance and surety industries.
BIO: FocusStor, Online Data Backup & Recovery is a subsidiary of Polyhec Group, leading Canadian provider of disk-based backup and recovery solutions for various industries and has been since 1985. Marc Bulot is senior technician at Polyhec Group and has worked for company for past 20 years developing data management and data security tools for small to medium sized businesses. CONTACT INFORMATION: FocusStor Online Data Backup & Recovery Toll Free: 800-285-3084 Fax: 514-392-2501 Website: http://www.focusstor.net Email: email@example.com
BIO: FocusStor, Online Data Backup & Recovery is a subsidiary of Polyhec Group, the leading Canadian provider of disk-based backup and recovery solutions for various industries and has been since 1985. Marc Bulot is the senior technician at Polyhec Group and has worked for the company for the past 20 years developing data management and data security tools for small to medium sized businesses.