Continued from page 1
Tips for your success:
1. Donít over do it~ one or two hours of gardening is plenty, especially when you are beginning!
2. Donít lift objects that are too heavy for you. If you injure yourself, chances are that you wonít be able to continue to garden for exercise and weight loss.
3. Stretch before, during and after gardening. Donít stay down on your knees while weeding or planting for extended periods of time~ get up and move!
4. Get out in your garden and exercise at least 3-4 times a week.
5. Continue your outdoor exercise routine even after you last blooms have faded. Shoveling snow, raking leaves, and splitting wood are great calorie burners that will lead to weight loss!
6. Donít forget added benefit of growing your own healthy fruits and vegetables and your yard will look beautiful from all of your hard work!
7. Have Fun and "Just do it"!
Once you get into habit of viewing gardening as an excellent way to lose weight and stay in shape, you may never go back to gym again!
© 2005, Candee Stark and Flowers&Garden.com
This article is provided courtesy of Flowers & Garden.com - You may freely reprint this article on your website or in your newsletter provided this courtesy notice and the author name and URL remain intact.