Continued from page 1
* You must place cartridges in right packaging. Use factory-supplied containers to store extra cartridges. If you use both color and black ink frequently, store swapped-out cartridge in zip-lock bag.
* Never use switch on a surge protector to switch off your printer instead of that use your printer's power switch.
* Paper jam is common problem with printers. To avoid it clean rollers and internal mechanism with mild alcohol. Place paper carefully in tray to avoid paper jam.
* Before placing paper stack in tray confirm that you have to loosen paper stack to separate them from each other to avoid paper jams.
* Use a mild glass cleaner on a soft cloth to clean exterior side of printer.
* The quality of printouts depends upon quality of paper you use. The standard A4 size paper is most ideal for inkjet printers. The poor quality paper absorb ink resulting in smudge images. To get best possible images refer your printer manufacturer recommendations. Also while printing photos, use manufacturer-recommended photo paper for better results.
* Use nozzle cleaning function to restore original print quality. As printer become older it will deliver faint prints and you will see lines running across page. A nozzle cleaning function blows ink through nozzle and unclogs it.
* Don't be a penny-wise and pound-foolish. Always use an original ink cartridge. Temptation of using cheap refilled cartridges will prove expensive in long run.
* Avoid shaking ink cartridge as this can create bubbles in cartridge that can shut down printer.
* Call an authorized service person if you find ink leakage. Never open printer on your own.
Krishna Pai is a webmaster and a writer.
Get Computer Tutorials, reviews, Hardware & Software Tips, How to guides at http://www.cheapest-computer-hardware-software.com/
For more Computer tips join his "Build Computer ezine" at http://www.cheapest-computer-hardware-software.com/build_computer_ezine.html