Continued from page 1
1. Build up southwest area of your garden to produce stabilizing force of earth element. You can do this with a rock garden, tall trees and even a stone statue. This will help to collect and hold positive solar and magnetic energies coming from east and north. Since yellow is color associated with southwest, choose daffodils, roses or wisteria to accentuate this area. This is also a good place for a storage or tool shed.
2. Represent water element by using low plantings in northeast that will allow flow of positive solar energy. Add a fountain or reflection pool or pond in this area to reflect this beneficial energy throughout garden. Herbs, white pansies or geraniums can be used as accents.
3. Add a barbeque or a fire pit in southeast as your fire element. Red symbolizes this direction so plant tulips, geraniums and dahlias here.
4. Use wind chimes to balance air element in northwest. Since blue is color of this area, plant bluebells, forget-me-nots and iris to enhance influences coming from this direction.
5. Represent space element by an open area in middle of you garden. It can either be a patio or grass. Finally, by keeping your garden neat and tidy you will be maintaining balance and attracting positive influence of each of directions.
A well-designed and tended garden, using principles of Vastu Shastra, will benefit you and all members of your family for years to come. By reconnecting with natural balance inherent in environment, you will encourage better personal health, improve quality of relationships and enhance well-being.
Michael and Robin Mastro's synergistic approach successfully assists people in living in peace and harmony with themselves and others, and in creating balanced lives filled with unlimited possibilities. Visit us at www.VastuCreations.com