Continued from page 1
1. Build subscribers to your newsletter and keep sending them back to your site for something; offers, content, freebies. These will be your best customers: your best sales force. Concentrate on building rapport with them and above all make it real easy for them to recommend your site. Consider http://recommend-it.com and give them an incentive for doing so.
2. Submit to search engines once a month. Your daily chore is to ensure that your site is fresh, your META tags in place, your links live, etc. I recommend http://SelfPromotion.com You can use it for FREE or pay a small amount to have your details kept in system to simplify repeat submissions. You will find all information and guidance you'll ever need right there and this service works. You get listed.
3. Concentrate on getting reciprocal links with other sites which are similar to and complimentary to yours. There are specialist directories for finding people who want to swap links, try http://www.swap-resources.com or use search engines and find out who is linked to your competitors. Write and propose swaps to webmasters. You'll get as much, if not more, targeted traffic from these links than you will from search engines, plus having links back to your site will improve your ranking on latter because of way link-popularity algorithms work. Make sure those who link to you are listed on search engines. Do it for them if they are not.
4. Once a day, submit classifieds ads, promotion to lists and newsgroups (only where appropriate).
5. Repeat steps 1-4 incessantly.
Pamela Heywood is webmistress of http://www.tucats-design.com - Building Your Online Business Instinctively. Subscribe to the weekly TuCats Mewsletter (sic) mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and get regular FREE hints, tips, articles and resources.