Continued from page 1
6. Form a pact to achieve excellence in some way. Whether it be a physical health regimen, a bowling tournament, doing taxes, or managing a business together, forming a pact to achieve excellence in a specific, tangible way will build trust between partners. Commitment to a short-term goal is best exercise a relationship can get.
7. Love with your whole heart. All too many times, past relationships keep us from loving with our whole heart. If your relationship reality check is solid, ask yourself how youíve been holding back on your partner, and why. Do you expect criticism, instead of acceptance? Recognize boundaries of your love, and identify positive ways to expand them daily.
8. Improving yourself improves relationship. Self enrichment is an effective, important means of perpetual contribution to your relationship. Expanding your personal knowledge and interests will keep conversations interesting and generate new ideas for growing together, through new activities and experiences shared between partners.
Remember, thereís nothing wrong with taking care of you. The more you have to give, more there will be to share with your significant other.
9. Explore diversity in faith, culture, or politics. Diversity Ė and its acceptance Ė serve as a cornerstone of any fulfilling, long-lasting relationship. Your partner is likely to embrace at least some perspectives different than your own with regard to religion, culture, or political affiliation. Look to explore your partnerís diversity, and openly accept differences that make you both unique.
10. Donít go to bed mad. Make it a point to resolve differences before going to bed. Allowing arguments or heated discussions to fester overnight can solidify emotions, while leaving real issues behind. In addition to promoting communication and relationship stability, addressing differences before bed reduces stress and promotes better sleep.
A meaningful, fulfilling relationship is perhaps greatest investment you can make in both yourself, and your partner. As your relationship grows, look for new ways to interact with each other as you havenít before. Each human represents a vast Universe of knowledge and emotion waiting for exploration by just one individual with unwavering desire, patience, and capacity to know them.
Jim D. Ray is a parapsychologist with a diverse background in multiple subject concentrations, including business, psychology and parapsychology, criminal justice, philosophy, education, internet technology, physics, and vocal performance arts. Jim can be reached by e-mail at: email@example.com.