Continued from page 1
* Observe and listen and let everyone see you do it.
* Make certain your visits are spontaneous and unplanned.
* Talk with employees about their passions -- whether family, hobbies, vacations, or sports.
* Ask for suggestions to improve operations, products, service, sales, etc.
* Try to spend an equal amount of time in all areas of your organization.
* Catch your employees doing something right and recognize them publicly.
* Convey image of a coach -- not an inspector.
* Encourage your employees to show you how real work of company gets done.
MBWA works best when you are genuinely interested in employees and in their work and when they see you as there to listen. It sometimes requires follow-up. When you can't answer an employee's questions on spot, get back to them with an answer within 48 hours.
Reprint Information Your organization may reprint this article for your newsletter, online publication, or mailing list. We ask that you print the: * article in its entirety; * byline of writer; * information about writer, which is available at end of each article; and * contact information, including our toll-free phone number in U.S. (800-886-2MAX) and website address (www.AchieveMax.com or http://www.AchieveMax.com/motivational-speaker-harry.htm)
We would appreciate a tear sheet or electronic copy of articles you reprint.
Harry K. Jones is a professional speaker for AchieveMax® Inc., a firm specializing in custom-designed keynote presentations, seminars, and consulting services. Harry has made presentations ranging from leadership to employee retention and time management to stress management. For information, call 800-886-2MAX or visit http://www.AchieveMax.com.