Continued from page 1
Generate Leads. An email newsletter containing worthwhile content, or a promotional offer with a high-perceived value can be used as incentives to convince prospects to provide their email addresses. Once you have their addresses, you can initiate dialogue that results in acquiring and retaining right kinds of customers. Profitable customers.
Build Loyalty. In our opinion, building loyalty is most important feature of an email program. Permission-based communication allows you to build customer loyalty, and customer loyalty kicks off a series of positive events including:
* market share increases because acquisition costs are amortized, allowing you to realize lifetime value of a customer
* Some studies show that it costs six times more to acquire a customer as to retain one
* The Harvard Business Review reports that cutting customer defections by just five percent can result in profitability increases of as much as 35 percent
* sustainable growth continues because you have a solid base of customers who will refer others
* attract better employees who in turn deliver better value to customers
You no longer have a good reason for not using permission-based email marketing to unleash power of customer relationships.
Harry Hoover is managing principal of Hoover ink PR, http://www.hoover-ink.com. He has 26 years of experience in crafting and delivering bottom line messages that ensure success for serious businesses like Brent Dees Financial Planning, Duke Energy, Levolor, North Carolina Tourism, Ty Boyd Executive Learning Systems, VELUX and Verbatim.