Continued from page 1
Distinguish specific cravings from hunger. Suppose you drive by a fast food outlet and all of a sudden, you develop a deep craving for French fries. Rather than rushing down drive thru section, reassess your urge. Turn on your favorite music and switch your attention away from fries idea. Suppose, on other hand, you feel need to satisfy not urge but your hunger, select an apple pie or salad as a substitute.
Cut Hundreds of Calories.
Sure you can cut on hundreds of calories on what you eat every day! How? By making appropriate choices on replacing high-calorie to low-calorie foods, such as cheese, creams, whole milk, butter, etc. Here are easy tricks to keep you cooking and eating minus calories.
· When cooking, use nonstick pan to eliminate use of butter and/or oil.
· Remove fat from meat.
· Remove skin of chicken before serving.
· Use butter-flavored seasoning on vegetables instead of sprinkling butter.
· For casseroles, desserts and sauces, use evaporated skim milk (12 cal./tbsp.) instead of heavy cream (51 cal./tbsp.).
· Cook stews and other casseroles ahead of time. Refrigerate. Remove congealed fat before serving.
· Choose real orange (71 cal.) over an orange juice (90 cal./6 oz).
· For snacks, low-calorie fruits (cucumbers, asparagus, carrots, apples, pickles) are good replacements for crackers and breads.
· Use bottled chocolate extract for milk shakes instead of sweetened cocoa.
· Use two egg whites (34 cal.) for cakes instead of one egg (82 cal.).
· Choose diet margarine (50 cal.) instead of regular margarine (100 cal.).
· Choose cereals with least calories then add fresh fruits to be more nutritious.
· In parties, good substitutes for snacks are carrot strips, pickle slices, and raw mushroom caps.
· Drip away fats by cooking hamburgers on rack.
· Avoid chips with dips. Staying in healthy shape depends on right attitude. So how strong is your will power to control urge?
Michael Lee is the author of "How To Be A Red Hot Persuasion Wizard," an ebook that reveals powerful secrets on how to get anything you want, including how to fully improve your relationships, explode your profits, win arguments, and magically influence others. Grab a sample chapter at http://www.20daypersuasion.com