Continued from page 1
2) Chemicals in home
What do you use to clean your counter tops? Where do you store it? Can your pet get to it? Can your kids get to it?
A large number of children and pets are poisoned each year because household products are very attractive to inquisitive minds. There are a lot of products on market that won't harm anyone if swallowed.
We had one 6 month old child find and swallow a cleanser. The parents didn't think he was old enough to get to open bottle.
3) Mold in home Most people consider mold in home an unattractive nuisance. But it can cause allergic reactions in children AND pets.
One house we investigated had two sick, allergic, asthmatic kids. But they called us in when dog started sneezing.
Does your pet sleep in laundry room? Lots of mold there too.
Mold can cause: * Allergies, * sinus problems, * itching, * stomach problems, * hyperactivity, * skin and hair problems.
This list applies both to kids and pets.
But be careful about what you use to clean away mold. Bleach doesn't kill mold but does burn sensitive lungs.
Don't use any product that your store owner or pest control person won't drink in front of you.
For more info on mold and what it can do to you and your pet, go to:
Remember - if you use this article as your guide, your pups and cats will love you for a long, long time.
"Word Count= "544" "Word wrapped to 55 characters per line"
Dr Graham graduated from the University of Tennessee Medical Units at Memphis Tennessee. During a tour in the Army he helped develop many of the concepts dealing with Sick Building Syndrome. He currently is the CEO of Tennessee Mold and chief researcher for Mold Lab Intíl.
He has linked moldy homes to ADHD, Lupus, CFS and several other inflammatory diseases. He is currently doing research into mold and Alzheimerís, arthritis and MS.