Continued from page 1
3. You need to avoid situations that elicit aggressive dog behavior.
4. Lots of aggressions are even fault of dog owners. Many employ punishment in teaching obedience commands. All you have to do whenever you want to teach obedience comman is to use reinforcement methods.
5. Fit your dog with a head halter while training, a humane way to treat and control your og. Use this option only on a temporary basis. Employ service of experience head halters to fit dog handler.
6. Fit your dog with a basket muzzle if restraint is necessary for extended periods (about 3-5minutes).
7. A helpful technique for behavior modification is obedience training, though this type of training will hardly eliminate a dog aggressive behavior.
8. It is advisiable for you not to approach a dog that is sleeping or unaware of your presence.
Lateef Olajide is the author of "Aggressive Dog behavior Training blog." Visit his site to find out how you can get a free consultation. http://aggressive-dog-behavior-training.blogspot.com