Continued from page 1
6. View BIG PICTURE and understand your company's mission. Find ways to help them accomplish it.
7. SAVE MONEY for your company by identifying ways to boost revenues, reduce expenses, or streamline processes.
8. Offer SOLUTIONS to problems you must take to your boss.
9. Show RESPECT to everyone -- superiors, peers, subordinates, and especially customers.
10. JOIN ASSOCIATIONS and professional organizations related to your career. In addition to helping you learn more about your industry, this can provide invaluable networking opportunities. (Which might come in handy if your employer isn't promoting!)
Bonnie Lowe is author of the popular "Job Interview Success System" and publishes a free information-packed ezine called "Career-Life Times." Find out about those resources and check out powerful strategies for job seekers at her website: http://www.best-interview-strategies.com.