Continued from page 1
For businesses, plusses of using HTML ezines are:
~~ many business owners, who use internet, and maybe your ideal client have HTML email capacity. ~~ even AOL 6.0 included use of HTML mail for their users. ~~ readers are more apt to read your ezine because they look "inviting" and "fun" ~~ readers are more apt to tap on links, too.
Steps To Create Your HTML Ezine #1
1. Create a web page as you usually would and insert your newsletter.
2. Go into source of your webpage (the HTML code) and make sure that all links are authentic links. These are complete links and look like this but without "." in code:
<.a href="http://www.coachmaria.com/images/mariamarsala2.jpg" rel="nofollow" width="100" height="100" alt="Picture">
<.a href="images/mariamarsala2.jpg" rel="nofollow" width="100" height="100" alt="Picture">
3. Upload your newsletter webpage to your website.
4. Next, open your email program and make sure that format is set to "HTML" (not as text).
5. Open an email. Put cursor in message and tap down a few lines.
6. Go back to top of message again and type in a message for individuals who have requested your newsletter, but perhaps cannot read HTML newsletters. The message I use (without "." in code) is...
If you cannot see colors or picture on this email, you can read this newsletter here: <.a href ="http://www.coachmaria.com/ez01282002.html"> http://www.coachmaria.com/ez01282002.html
7. Then go back to your newsletter page on your website. ~~ "Select all" on page or tap on control (CTRL) then (A) buttons on your keyboard. ~~ "Select copy" on page or tap on control (CTRL) then (C) buttons on your keyboard
8. Go back to your email, a few lines after step #6 where you will "paste" - (CTRL) then (V) your webpage into your email program.
9. Then send yourself a copy to see how it looks. If pictures are missing... it's because links are not complete links (Step 2)
Steps To Create Your HTML Ezine #2
If your email program allows you to create your own stationary, like Outlook does, tap on help and use your index to learn how to "create stationary". You'll learn to create a stationary template for your ezine. Then each time you want to create your ezine, you pull up this special stationary.
A Few Free Template Resources 4 U
Web Site Kits and Templates from Canada http://www.dvshop.ca/webtemps.html >From Jim's World http://freesitetemplates.com/faq2/ >From UK http://www.newsletterpromote.com/emailtemp/free.htm
Maria Marsala, Business & Life Coach-Consultant. Maria works with successful individuals as they take their success to an even higher level. Subscribe to "Helping You and Your Business Grow" our free weekly online newsletter or download our free business ebook at http://www.CoachMaria.com/ebook/download.html