Continued from page 1
Before you create your email signature, it's a good idea to sit down for a minute and determine what your objective is.
- If you want to advertise your web site, it's a good idea to include a small ad and a hyperlink.
- If you are a salesperson, it may be wise to include your phone number and extension.
- Some people like to include a favorite quote.
Some cautions include:
- Do not include your pay-to-surf, moneymaking or affiliate links in your email signature. Not only is it considered tacky, but these things can trigger spam filters and get your emails automatically deleted. It's better to include these items on your website and put a link to that site in your email signature.
- Do not include profanity or harsh language.
- 900 numbers can also trigger spam filters.
Be sure to use standard formatting in signature.
- Avoid any special fonts or colors
- Do not include graphics
- Do not use HTML
- Keep width to 65 characters or less
- Do not exceed 6 lines
Richard Lowe Jr. is the webmaster of Internet Tips And Secrets. This website includes over 1,000 free articles to improve your internet profits, enjoyment and knowledge. Web Site Address: http://www.internet-tips.net Weekly newsletter: http://www.internet-tips.net/joinlist.htm Daily Tips: mailto:internet-tips@GetResponse.com