Continued from page 1
11) Many companies provide Representatives with a company approved website. If you plan to market your business online, this will be vital to your success. Does your company provide a website and if so, what is cost?_______ If they do not, can I design my own?
12) Some companies authorize Representatives to deduct their commissions prior to sending in Show Order, while others require all monies collected forwarded to home office and then commission checks are issues monthly or twice per month. How are you required to submit payment for a show?
13) How often are commission checks issued..monthly, twice monthly or weekly? My experience has been that most issue monthly. Be sure to ask as there are some that offer twice monthly and weekly.
14) Many companies now ship their products directly to consumer or Hostess, however, there are few that require Representatives to delivery a Show or products. Am I required to delivery products?
15) With some opportunities, Representatives are encouraged to stock products to have on hand for eager customers. Will I be required to stock or carry inventory?
16) Most companies allow their Representatives to purchase products or display items at a special discount. Are Representatives allowed to purchase products at a discount and if so, what is discount?
17) Have them explain commission structure and levels of achievement as it varies greatly by company. What is your commission structure?
18) Do they offer additional incentives, such as trips, a cash bonus and etc.?
19) What type of support is available?
As with any business, finding what works for you and your lifestyle will be key. Take time to research opportunities and consider whether business and support team will be a good match for you.
Diane Drayer has been working in the Direct Selling profession for the past 10 years. She owns DirectSellingOpportunities.com, as well, as The Direct Selling Newsletter, a print publication designed with the Direct Seller – Home Party Plan professional in mind.