Continued from page 1
Disadvantages of ColdFusion:
* The biggest disadvantage of ColdFusion is that it is a closed source technology and development is handled completely by one company. Therefore new features cannot be added and bugs cannot be fixed nearly as quickly as in a popular open source solutions.
* Another problem with ColdFusion is that it is expensive. You are required to purchase a new copy of server (which costs hundreds to thousands of dollars) to obtain features that have been added since your original product purchase (which costs hundreds to thousands of dollars).
What's New in Latest Version of ColdFusion: ColdFusion MX 7
* Rich Flash Forms Using just a few ColdFusion tags, rich Flash forms can be built in minutes.
* New Application Classes Interfaces with mobile phones using SMS text messaging, XMPP (the emerging IM standard), and other Internet protocols.
* New Dreamweaver Extensions Increase your productivity by using new ColdFusion Extensions for Dreamweaver MX to build applications rapidly.
* Rich Charting Capabilities Produce stylish, bold charts and graphs with modifiable attributes that can control animation, colors, labels, and more.
* Faster Deployment on J2EE For quick and easy deployment on leading J2EE servers, package an application and ColdFusion runtime into a single Java archive.
* Source Code Security Make your source CFM files invisible by compiling them into Java byte-code for distribution and execution.
* New Search Power Enable highlighted search terms, searching within a results set, spelling suggestions, and hierarchical category searching with latest Verity technology.
* Structured Business Reports Easily design and generate high-quality, repeating group, structured business reports.
* Printable Web Content Using just a single tag you can transform web content into high-quality printable, portable documents in PDF or FlashPaper 2 formats.
ColdFusion Web Hosting FAQs
* Does ColdFusion Web Hosting require use of any special tools? Because ColdFusion integrates its code (CFML) with standard HTML code, you can use any standard Web development application or a text editor to develop your templates.
* Which databases can I use when web hosting a ColdFusion site? ColdFusion MX 7 supports most major databases, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, Sybase, and IBM Informix.
* Which web servers can I use when web hosting a ColdFusion site? ColdFusion MX 7 supports most major web servers, including IIS, Apache, and Sun ONE (formerly iPlanet).
* Which operating systems are supported? ColdFusion MX 7 supports most major operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Solaris, Linux, and AIX.
What should I look for in a ColdFusion Web Hosting provider?
* As with pretty much any web hosting provider, you want to look for: Reliability (up time);
* Redundancy (back-up servers);
* Security (managed access to servers) and
* Scalability (ability to grow your site with your host).
Copyrights ©2005 Web-Hosting-Service-Directory.Com All Rights Reserved.
Rodel Garcia is a Freelance Programmer, Highly skilled and versatile Web developer and consultant, Expertise in web-based development (intranet/internet) and e-commerce applications, 6+ years solid experience as programmer/analyst. Owner and webmaster of http://www.web-hosting-service-directory.com/cold-fusion-web-hosting.html