Continued from page 1
Self talk [inner dialogue]: creatives talk in powerful confident manner about thrills & delights while clods talk to themselves in self defeating and deprecating ways about why they can't.
VAK's: creatives visualize in large, color, 3-D future with a fantastic sound track and how wonderful it feels to be doing it. Clods see tiny b/w pix with screechy voices and soundtrack and feel discouraged.
Beliefs of elite performers: 1. Everything happens for a reason/purpose and it serves us.
2. No such thing as failure just results or feedback for next step. The only failure is in no longer trying.
3. Take responsibility for where you are and who you are.
4. People are our greatest resources. We need each other. The interdependent paradigm.
5. Use everything now. You don't need to wait til you know everything. Get help for details. 6. Work is play. Our vocation is a vacation. Do what you love.
7. It's not what happens to you that matters but what you do about it. Persistence...keep on keeping on
Clods believe none of above frequently challenging list as not applicable to them.
The Success Formula of high performers: 1. Decide what you want. 2. Take Action. Do something...NOW! 3. Notice what works, do more of that. Notice what doesn't, do something else. 4. Repeat above as long as necessary.
Clods do none of formula or give up quickly.
Michael Dimas is a performance consultant, workshop leader, motivational speaker, coach, health & fitness mentor. He can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org or viewed on the web at www.selfchangetechnologies.com