Continued from page 1
Below is a check list for when you are selecting a new phone and voice mail system and supplier:
1. Try to estimate how much your company will grow in next three to five years. Look at how many lines and extensions you have at moment and decide how many your company may require in future.
2. Contact potential suppliers, and arrange an appointment with them for a full demonstration. A number of these can be sourced off internet or through your local business pages. This will also give them a good opportunity to have a look at you and evaluate your potential requirements. Remember to ask them about their experience and if necessary ask for referrals. You could even ask to see a system they have recently installed.
3. Make sure you decide on a rough budget for your proposed new telephone and voice mail system. Ask around other businesses of similar size, what they have invested in their systems.
4. When potential suppliers provide you with a quote for your new phone system, go through them carefully, ensuring they include all of requirements your business will need. These may include extras like; Voice mail, additional handsets, call handling software, automated attendants, service level agreements (SLA’s) and any other additional features.
5. Once you have decided on one or two suppliers, it is time to get them back round. Remember, they want your business. Bearing in mind budget you decided earlier, make your decision based upon not only price, but which supplier you think can provide your company with best service before, during and after installation of your new phone and voice mail system. Any good potential supplier will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about phone system they intend to supply and install for you.
Thanks for reading
Jason Morris is co-author, search engine optimization and marketing consultant of Business Phone Systems Direct. Specialists in the supply and installation of business phone systems and accessories