Continued from page 1
In short, it takes everything up to this point that you're not. But you can change.
Following is how to get started.
1. Embrace concept that you and only you can make it happen. Why? Because world really doesn't care about you. The world will go on, regardless of whatever you do or don't do.
So decide to make it happen. This is most important step.
2. Educate yourself in whatever area your interested in. And no, this is not a plug for our educational material. We know ours is excellent, but that choice is up to you.
But for Pete's sake, buy somebody's. Start somewhere. If you truly can't afford to purchase, look on web. There is some good free info out there. Go to library. Read magazines or journals in your area. Do something to educate yourself.
3. Learn to weigh pros and cons of different types of businesses or investment areas. Be willing to take a calculated risk. If an area looks promising, try it.
Just don't quit your day job.
There are many businesses you can start on a part-time or spare time basis. This is one of reasons we recommend Lease Purchasing so highly to those we consult with. It is ideal for starting slowly.
4. Understand that it is not going to happen overnight. Make a firm decision to work whatever you try, long enough and hard enough, to give it a fair chance to succeed.
All true, solid, successful, long term businesses take effort and time to develop properly.
Learn to measure your progress toward your end goal.
5. Don't be afraid to fail. Much can be learned from failure. And remember, you never really fail, unless you quit and give up.
Keep trying. You'll eventually succeed.
Those of you who have read our book or spoken with us, know that we are perfect examples of not giving up.
We had four successful businesses, lost them in economic downturn in California in early 90's. We went through some hard times, but never lost sight of what we wanted.
We have re-built a successful business and are doing better than we ever did.
Just keep trying.
There you have it. The five secrets to our success.
Is it easy, no. But nothing worthwhile is.
Can you do it. Of course. Now get going and change your life.
PS If you're interested in what we went through, and what it takes to persevere, we'll be happy to send you a free PDF copy of our book. Just drop us an e-mail at: mailto:email@example.com?subject=FreeBook
Copyright 2000, DeFiore Enterprises.
Chuck and Sue have been helping folks start successful home based businesses for over 17 years, and they can help you too! To see how, visit http://www.homebusinesssolutions.com for the latest FREE tips and tricks, educational products and coaching in creative real estate investing and home based businesses.