Continued from page 1
---------- Here's An Excellent Tip.
Print out your copy and read it out loud. If it doesn't sound like an everyday conversation there's something wrong. Have a friend read it out to you. If she stumbles over any words, or has to re-read a sentence, you'll know it needs re-writing.
Then build Web site around your copy.
Only add pictures and graphics if you are convinced they enhance and support your copy! That way you will see that most of beautifully designed logos, banners and gizmos you had in mind, will simply distract your readers from one most important thing on your site - your sales message.
---------- Here's A Few Other Important Points.
1) Far too many web sites have no headline. If your Web pages haven't got headlines, give them one NOW.
Just because your reader is already at your page doesn't necessarily mean he knows what to expect. A headline TELLS him what to expect. It also gives you, your company, and your site an identity that hopefully your reader will remember.
2) Fire your BIGGEST GUN first - in your headline.
3) Push your USP into your reader's face.
4) Pack your message with benefits, benefits and more benefits.
5) Use plenty of white space.
6) Break your copy up into bite-sized chunks.
7) Make it easy to contact you from every page.
8) Place a 'HOME' button on every page.
9) Make your copy as long as it needs to be to get your WHOLE message across.
10) EMPHASIZE your key points.
11) Use Testimonials with imagination. Don't just list them on a separate page. Your readers won't look for them.
12) TELL your reader what to do. (e.g. Order Now!)
13) Make it extremely easy to order.
14) SHOW your reader how to order.
15) At ordering stage re-state your guarantee.
16) After she has submitted her order make sure she is told order has been received. Then send her a Thank you email. She needs to be re-assured she has made right decision. Prevent 'Buyers Remorse' or she may cancel!
17) Be totally professional about absolutely everything.
So there you have it. A very brief summary of copywriting techniques used by most successful Marketers and Copywriters on and off Web!
Just ordinary people with good sense to stick to PROVEN methods which achieve EXTRAORDINARY RESULTS!
Joe Robson is co-author of 'Make Your Words SELL' with Ken Evoy. Joe and Tom Glander own The Newbie Club which is bulging with unique NET and PC Newbie tutorials and eBooks. JUMP ON OVER to http://newbieclub.com/home/fun_easy and look at their very professional Affiliate Program. It's BIG! Joe's Copywriting site is at http://www.adcopywriting.com