Continued from page 1
You have to carefully consider general nuance of color for cover, main and secondary fonts.
Here are a few general tips for you: 1. The colors tell a lot about general subject of ebook so you must use them accordingly
2. Use a combination between red, blue, black and white
3. Yellow it's OK used sparingly in combination with black because it generates strongest contrast
4. Always use a strong font for main title - Impact its fine if title is longer and Arial Black for shorter ones.
5. If your ebook is on a lighter subject you can toy around with different fonts but never use more than three different fonts for same cover
6. The cover should contain: a. main title b. one teaser phrase or a good subtitle c. author name and eventually URL of ebook (avoid using http:// and subdirectories) usually a simple domain name will do just fine.
And finally one more tip: always KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid. Do not forget that cover will be a small image and if you fill it with lot of info, it will be unreadable.
As a special gift for readers of thes newsletter, I invite you to join monthly sweepstakes for a free professional custom cover at http://www.absolutecovers.com/dc.pl/article
Ovi Dogar is specialized in the creation of custom virtual covers that really sells. You can view some recent samples of his work at http://www.absolutecovers.com/samples.html