Continued from page 1
I want to target newbie ebusiness owner and provide them with tools they need to start a business on-line. So...I think and ask myself "what does a newbie need?" They need a web host, an autoresponder, something to sell, leads, a list and incentive products. So, with that information I set out to find those products/serivces and set up a site...a NEWBIE MECCA you might say. Now if I only set out to promote one of those progams and a newbie already has it, then basically I just shot myself in foot...BUT. What if they didn't have an autoresponder and saw that I had one that I promote, or they needed leads or they needed to learn about using incentive products to build a list. I just set myself up for possibilities of making money by offering a host of products/services and not just limiting myself to just one.
See where I am going with this??
It takes more than just ONE income stream to make money. You need to set yourself up with several ways to make money. If a visitor doesn't need one product/service then you stand to make something by offering other products/services that relate.
4. Your own site. You NEED a hub. I like word hub actually. I got idea from University of Alberta while I was a student there. There was a central area within University that had a dry cleaners, barber, hair salon, and a couple of food kiosks and a little general store deal. The Unversity tagged this as HUB. I am using HUB to describe what your site should be. YOUR central area that promotes programs you are affiliated with, a landing area for your visitors where you can build your lists, promote your program incentives, provide content that will help your visitors...etc.
Now you are probably thinking "but, my affiliate program provides me with a web page already to go."
Yup, they do. However...
1. are you able to make any sort of adjustments to that page that will enable you to promote an incentive so that you can stand a part from pack?
2. MORE IMPORTANTLY...are you able to offer a report or eCourse so that you can build your own list?
3. are you able to promote other programs, so if your visitor isn't interested in that specific program you stand chance of being able to make a sale through another program?
That's three strikes right there.
Here is a fourth one for you to think about, if above three weren't enough. Let's say you quit a program, you quit that web page is gone no big deal there. But, that means you are again having to start over from scratch. IF however, you had your own HUB, you can add to or discontinue programs BUT you still have your list building mechanisms in place and you still have other programs that can bring in money. You aren't always finding yourself starting over again from scratch.
Ok, one last thing I want to show you and then you can think about what you just read ;o)
If you are a member of a mlm program you essentially have two customer streams. You have those customers who are buying your product AND you have those in your downline. Essentially you have two different markets rolling at same time, each with their own specific needs. Your customers of course want your products and you are selling them along with other things that tie in for that bunch. You also have your downline which of course have same products as you...but their needs are a little different. They need guidance from you as well as other things...like:
1. a web site of their own 2. a list building mechanism 3. leads 4. autoresponder
Are you seeing where I'm going with this???
YOU have potential to create an even greater number of income streams. You have this little market that will need these products and services in order for them to do business...just like you. So, find those services that will meet those needs for them and promote them to your downline.
There you have it, four main traits that, if you put them into place, will put you in a better position to make money with your affiliate and mlm programs.
This isn't rocket science and it works. Again, if you follow steps of super affiliates you will find that these are very same 4 traits that they have in place. They don't have an inside track to anything that you don't. Yes, they have been at it longer than you but that's about all, they had to start from somewhere as well.
The ONLY difference that perhaps stands between YOU and THEM is that they actually did what we just discussed above. They went out and found products/services that had a good market size. They went out and found affiliates programs that tied in and paid them a monthly recurring income. They found more than just one program to promote...AND they created their own HUB.
The blueprint is there for you ;o)
A great book that will help you peg yourself unique and different from rest of pack is..."Super Affiliate Strategies...How to Generate More Sales, Profits and Commissions For ANY Affiliate Program. It is a good read and has some very valuable ideas inside. Check it out for yourself http://www.profitspace.com/sas
Denise Ryder is a Marketing Coach writing from her home office in Northern Ontario (Canada). Hey...are you a do-it yourself marketer? Are you struggling a little? Need just a little help??? Can you imagine how far your business could grow with a Marketing Coach in your pocket??? Take a no cost Test Drive TODAY!! http://www.profitspace.com/coach