Continued from page 1
competitors' websites. All you need to do is always insist on your USP (unique selling proposition). You'll always offer
something that no other competitor will. If you don't, you'll soon be out of business anyway, so why bother with email
marketing? Whatever you do, your customers & prospects will appreciate sincerity in first place.
Become a member yourself in other communities. Have you thought about starting with your best competitors? If they kick you
out, remember to post a thank you message on your own list (no kidding).
Publishing in targeted discussion lists is a powerful way to reach thousands of prospects. And they're already 'filtered'.
Now you are treating your subscribers like real persons, that have preferential needs. Now you can get back to thinking about
This is not just about how others behave on web. You have to respect some rules too. When you place a link, don't
mislead. When you choose a subject line, don't lie. When you splash a half page title, make sure it relates to content of
the message. Finally, some editing tips:
* Don't take me as an example and use short phrases.
* Use lists.
* When you start editing a newsletter, you become a public person. That's like a public speaker. Don't be afraid to speak
for yourself. Let people know who is talking.
* Use a friendly, but non-aggressive & friendly approach.
* When sending personalized messages, make sure that names are being spelled correctly.
* Ring bell! Arouse interest by using questions. Start with a controversial subject. Use incendiary or celebrity
statements on topic you want to approach. Create a doubt.
* Stay away from cliches like 'we are best', 'we doubled our sales last month' and so on. How well you've been doing
lately is probably more interesting for yourself than your subscribers.
* Quote authorized opinions.
* Get celebs in your business field to write an article now and then for your ezine. Ask for interviews, get statements
and figures. These are some very objective inputs that you can use.
* Always include your incentives and current sales in newsletter. Some subscribers may not visit website for
* Provide tips, especially about bargains: books, seminars. Don't let fact that they are offered by competitors stop
you. Prove competition really works for you. Well this doesn't mean you need to be laudative for no reason.
* Don't forget to sign your articles. Say who you are and post a contact link. This is beauty of email. You can send
to anyone and receive from anywhere, in a moment.
Iulia Pascanu writes for http://www.emailmarketingsoftware.org/ where you can find more information about Email Marketing Software. Please feel free to use this article in your Newsletter or on your website. If you use this article, please include the resource box and send a brief message to let me know where it appeared: mailto:email@example.com