Continued from page 1
If you feel you often need a better posture just try following next time you are out walking and see how it positively changes your feelings of optimism and allows deeper breathing.
1. While walking put your chin up away from your chest.
2. Look towards horizon and make each step you take meaningful. Push strongly off with your feet as you walk.
3. You have now eliminated hunching and opened up your airways more fully. This is key to improving energy, strength, and feeling better!
4. Feel yourself breathing and note whether it is still shallow. If so, consciously make your breaths deeper with inhalation moving towards your belly button.
5. Do not force or hold breath. Just focus on combining a better posture with deeper more energising breathing.
Having done this you should feel much better! Following these simple steps will mean you are simultaneously boosting self-esteem and creating better health through your breath.
Follow these simple protocols next time you are out and you will quickly come to understand saying “You can never feel down when you are looking up!”
© Tim Webb 2005
Tim Webb is a fitness instructor, Ju Jutsu instructor and competitor. He specialises in easily accessible deep breathing exercises that combine breath and mind together. His site www.BreathForSuccess.com offers a product that provides deep breathing exercises for invigorating yourself, relaxing, and highlights how your breath can be tied in with your goals to move you towards them in record time!