Continued from page 1
Are you curious to know why so many business people make this fatal mistake? The answer is so simple that it might shock you:
They overestimate amount of work a customer will do to come back to them.
Here's a fact. Most customers choose to take path of least resistance. Think about your own psychology for a minute. Do you run all over town like a madman or madwoman to "find" a company again? If you're like most people, you can't be bothered with that. Rather, you take more convenient way and order from company that is right in front of you.
So, how do you cure "I gave my customer to my competitor" disease? The answer is desktop marketing icons that ensure customers have easy, one-click access to your site. Going back to our example, here is how a desktop icon could help you retain your customer:
1. Customer comes to your web site.
2. Customer purchases Ron Popeil's Ronco Showtime Rotisserie. You ring up a $100 sale.
3. You place with permission an icon on your customer's desktop featuring your company logo.
4. Time passes and your customer wants to purchase another Ronco Showtime Rotisserie.
5. Customer takes path of least resistance, clicks on your desktop icon, and is immediately taken to your web site.
6. Bingo! You ring up another $100 sale.
7. Your competitors get nothing and are left to fend for themselves -- exactly way you want it!
---------------------- The One Point I Hope You Take Away ----------------------
If I can leave you with one point it is simply this:
.... Don't make this embarrassing mistake!
Do NOT score a goal for your competitors. If you have been accidentally committing this crime against your business then arrest your mistake right now!
The bullet proof way to ensure your prospects and customers return to YOUR site so YOU make sale is to use desktop marketing. You can find out more about how desktop marketing can increase your sales and help you keep your customers at:
Paul E. Burke is President of See You Again Software LLC, and the leading pioneer of innovative desktop marketing software that leverages the power of the Windows desktop to increase traffic, sales, and branding for online businesses. You can e-mail him at email@example.com or visit www.seeyouagainsoftware.com