Continued from page 1
6. "There are so many companies out there selling what I am selling Who will ever buy from me?" This is true, but there are also a lot of consumers out there and if you target your web site correctly you will see better results than 70,000 other web site owners.
7. "A web site takes months to set up " This is not true at all! Unless you are a big corporation and have tons of information to put online, it could ; only take 10-15 days to have your business web site up and running. And if you have been a computer user for a while, you could have a web site within less than a week!
8. "You need to be a computer guru to make your web site" Not at all! All skills you need is a basic word processing skills and using Internet at least 3 times. If you know how to use a mouse and a keyboard - you are ready to make your web site.
9. "The number of ways to market a web site is limited to banner or button advertising " The truth is, I can think of at least 100 different ways to promote your web site. Just to start with, how about writing your own newsletter, posting on targeted forums, exchanging links with other web site owners in your target market, creating joint ventures with companies who target same customers as you do and selling to their mailing list. And don't forget offline promotion - your business cards, direct mail, local newspapers Of course, you can't do it all. The best marketing strategy is focusing on 2 or 4 methods at a time, finding out what works and ruling out rest.
10. "Web site design is very expensive, I just don't have that kind of money to take out of my business and spend on a web site " Actually, I am paying only $5.95 a month to have my web site. So if you make it yourself, no matter how much you sell a month - you will still be in profit.
Yes, I know. You are very busy. You don't want to learn a whole new skills. You are thinking, if only someone could teach me how to do it, I would listen.
But trust me: this is only way to be in total control of your web site, and never have to think if someone is ripping you off.
Milana Nastetskaya is a full time web developer and the author of two books: "Create Your First Business Web Site in 10 days", and "65 Instant Web Design Answers". http://www.firstbusinesswebsite.com http://www.instantwebanswers.com