Continued from page 1
5. Test to make sure that your site looks good and functions properly on your new server. Most web hosting companies can provide a link to preview your site before domain name has been transferred over.
6. Once you are satisfied that your site looks and functions OK, you can go to your registrar and change DNS settings to point domain to new web hostís nameservers. You should be provided this information after signing up for your account.
7. You will see your site on new server 24-48 hours after you modify DNS settings. Your e-mail will also start going to your new account at this time.
8. Modify your e-mail client with your new POP3 and SMTP e-mail settings.
9. Verify that your new website is working OK. Make sure that all of files were loaded properly and that all scripts are running fine.
You have now successfully switched to a new cheap web hosting company!
Mary Hedden is the owner of http://www.cheap-web-hosting-central.com - Cheap Web Hosting Central is dedicated to helping you find the best web hosting services for less! Permission is granted to reprint this article as long as no changes are made and the resource box is included with a link to http://www.cheap-web-hosting-central.com.