Continued from page 1
8. Offer a payment plan. If you are selling a big ticket item, offer to split payments into three or four easy installments. Installments can be spread over weeks or months, depending on size of purchase.
9. Offer special promotions. Holidays like Christmas, Easter, and Valentine's Day are perfect for special promotions. Anniversaries and birthdays also give you a perfect excuse to contact your customers and offer them a special promotional deal.
10. Include a deadline. By including a deadline, customers are more inclined to make a purchase sooner. It is human nature to leave things to last moment, so make sure your deadline falls within a short period of time after you send your offer.
11. Use incremental deadlines. If you run a monthly special, offer to include an extra bonus, plus a FREE gizmo and a lifetime upgrade if they order before end of first week. In second week of campaign, offer an extra bonus, plus a FREE gizmo, only if they order by end of week. In third week, they get an extra bonus if they order by end of week. And fourth week, they get product with no bonuses.
12. Use take away approach. This works well in conjunction with incremental deadline approach. Tell your customer that if they don't order today, they will miss out on fabulous lifetime upgrade offer.
13. Make purchase easy. Make it easy for customers to purchase from you by offering alternative methods of payment. Some people don't feel comfortable placing their credit card number online. Make sure you offer option to pay by check. Include a printable fax/mail order form that they can print out and send to you by snail mail or fax.
14. Give guarantees. Make sure your product comes with a 100%, no questions asked, lifetime, guarantee. People love to feel secure when ordering. If you stand behind your product 100%, you give your customers security they need.
15. Sell to categories. If your product is selling well with work at home moms, try selling to Small Office Home Office (SOHO) owners. If you find that your product is popular with accountants, try a promotional campaign directed to this category of customers.
There are an unlimited number of techniques and tactics that you can experiment with to drive your sales through roof. When you have success with a particular promotion, keep polishing and experimenting until it is worn out and then experiment with something new.
In second segment of this report we will look at another 15 ways to kick your sales into high gear.
Good luck and God Bless.
Terry Telford is the author of the popular ebook, Website Ladder, and the founder of bpc publishing, where you can pick up your FREE and almost FREE website marketing and traffic tools. Visit http://www.bpcpublishing.com today!